MapReduce, mail # dev - Doubt about map reduce version 2

Re: Doubt about map reduce version 2
Robert Evans 2013-02-08, 15:13
Suresh,

The 1.0 line is still the stable line and improvements there can have a
large impact on existing users.  That being said I think there will be a
lot of movement to Yarn/MRv2 starting in the second half of this year and
all of next year.  Also YARN scheduling is a larger area for study because
it doesn't just run Map/Reduce.  It allows you to explore how to
effectively schedule other workloads in a multi-tennant environment. There
has already been a lot of discussion about the scheduler and its protocol
recently because it is still a very new area to explore and no one really
knows how well the current solutions work for other work loads.

As for speculative execution in MRv2 it is completely pluggable by the
user.  This should make it very easy for you to explore and compare
different speculation schemes.

--Bobby