MapReduce >> mail # user >> Adding additional storage

Adding additional storage
I'm running a pseudo-distributed cluster on a single machine and I would like to use a larger disk (mounted and ready to go of course).  I don't mind transferring to the new disk (as opposed to using both disks for the hdfs which seems much hairier), but I'm not sure how to transfer a hadoop cluster to a new disk...or if its even possible.  Even if I simply copy the entire directory where the hdfs is emulated, I still need to somehow switch the namenode to know about the new disk?

Is there any way to do this that beats manually "getting" the data, throwing away the old cluster, making a new cluster from scratch, and reuploading the data to hdfs?...or is that really the only feasible way to migrate a pseudo-distributed cluster to a second larger storage?

Thanks.

"You can scratch an itch, but you can't itch a scratch. Furthermore, an itch can
itch but a scratch can't scratch. Finally, a scratch can itch, but an itch can't
scratch. All together this implies: He scratched the itch from the scratch that
itched but would never itch the scratch from the itch that scratched."
                                           --  Keith Wiley