MapReduce, mail # user - Configuring SSH - is it required? for a psedo distriburted mode?

Re: Configuring SSH - is it required? for a psedo distriburted mode?
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-05-17, 11:15
The scrits themselves will use ssh to connect to every machine (even
localhost).
It's up to you if you want to type the password everytime. For a
pseudo-distributed system, I don't see the issue with configuring a local
ssh access.

BUT Hadoop in itself does not require ssh. If you have a more appropriate
way to start/stop the processes, you can write your own scripts.

Regards

Bertrand