MapReduce >> mail # user >> How can I sort a file with pairs <Key Value> in reverse order?

Re: How can I sort a file with pairs <Key Value> in reverse order?
One way to approach is emit |Integer.MAX_VALUE - your key ||as output of
mapper.|
Example
Mapper input
7 vim
2 emacs
9 firefox

Mapper output
(Integer.MAX_VALUE - 7) vim
(Integer.MAX_VALUE - 2) emacs
(Integer.MAX_VALUE - 9) firefox

If you need secondary sorting on second part, you have to use composite
key  and write  your own petitioner, comparator.

Regards,
Bhasker

--
Thanks & Regards,