Hadoop, mail # user - how to get the time of a hadoop cluster, v0.20.2

Re: how to get the time of a hadoop cluster, v0.20.2
Niels Basjes 2013-05-14, 21:09
I made a typo. I meant API (instead of SPI).

Have a look at this for more information:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/833768/java-code-for-getting-current-time
If you have a client that is not under NTP then that should be the way to
fix your issue.
Once you  have that getting the current time is easy.

Niels Basjes

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Jane Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> niels,
>
> i'm not familiar with the native java spi. spi = service provider
> interface? could you let me know if this spi is part of the hadoop
> api? if so, which package/class?
>
> but yes, all nodes on the cluster are using NTP to synchronize time.
> however, the server (which is not a part of the hadoop cluster)
> accessing/interfacing with the hadoop cluster cannot be assumed to be
> using NTP. will this still make a difference? and actually, this is
> the primary reason why i need to get the date/time of the hadoop
> cluster (need to check if the date/time of the hadooop cluster is in
> sync with the server).
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Niels Basjes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If you have all nodes using NTP then you can simply use the native Java
> SPI
> > to get the current system time.
> >

> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Jane Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> hi all,
> >>
> >> is there a way to get the current time of a hadoop cluster via the
> >> api? in particular, getting the time from the namenode or jobtracker
> >> would suffice.
> >>
> >> i looked at JobClient but didn't see anything helpful.
> >>

> > --
> > Best regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
> >
> > Niels Basjes

Niels Basjes