Hive, mail # user - Hive Thrift Service - Not Running Continously

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-08-05, 16:29
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-08-05, 18:34
+
Bhaskar, Snehalata 2013-08-06, 04:34
Re: Hive Thrift Service - Not Running Continously
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-08-06, 18:46
At least that would ensure asynch running and would not die if ur session dies

Another way I would propose also is to have a screen session dedicated to hive_server and start it in synch mode
Create a screen session
=================screen -S  my_awesome_hive_server
## gets u into the screen session
##Start hive server
hive --service hiveserver
## Press Ctrl A D to detach from screen session

To go back to your screen session

screen -x  my_awesome_hive_server