HBase, mail # user - max regionserver handler count

max regionserver handler count
Viral Bajaria 2013-04-28, 20:30
Hi,

I have been trying to play around with the regionserver handler count. What
I noticed was, the cluster comes up fine up to a certain point, ~7500
regionserver handler counts. But above that the system refuses to start up.
They keep on spinning for a certain point. The ROOT region keeps on
bouncing around different states but never stabilizes.

So the first question, what's the max that folks on the list have gone with
this settings ? If anyone has gone above 10,000 have you done any special
settings ?

Secondly, the setting is per regionserver (as the name suggests) and not
per region right ?

Following are my versions:
HBase 0.94.5
Hadoop 1.0.4
Ubuntu 12.04

Let me know if you need any more information from my side.

Thanks,
Viral