HBase >> mail # user >> small hbase doubt

+
Alok Singh Mahor 2013-07-11, 13:18
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-11, 13:24
+
Doug Meil 2013-07-11, 14:15
+
Alok Singh Mahor 2013-07-12, 03:16
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-12, 04:01
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-12, 04:05
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-12, 04:11
Re: small hbase doubt
bq. Do you think prefix compression can also be utilized here?

In your use case, prefix compression would help in reducing bandwidth
consumption.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Asaf Mesika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do you think prefix compression can also be utilized here? In our use case
> we sent a list of Put of counters in which the key is quite long and the
> keys are quite similar to one another. This can save bandwidth.
>
> On Friday, July 12, 2013, Ted Yu wrote:
>
> > Right.
> >
> > Take a look at http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#d2617e13654 and section
> > J.4.3.2
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Asaf Mesika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <javascript:;>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I thought that in 0.95 ProtoBuf provides RPC compression, no?

> > by

> > compress
> the

> > > queries