HBase >> mail # user >> Odd WARN in hbase 0.94.2

Re: Odd WARN in hbase 0.94.2
Hi Byran,

One of engineers wanted me to pass this recommendation along:

The issue here is mostly likely a missing configuration.

We need to have this configuration on both the DataNode and RegionServer:
<property>
  <name>dfs.domain.socket.path</name>
  <value>/var/run/hadoop-hdfs/dn._PORT</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.client.read.shortcircuit</name>
  <value>true</value>
</property>

In CDH4.1 and earlier, the DN didn't need to be configured to use SCR,
so most likely he does not have dfs.client.read.shortcircuit set in
hdfs-site.xml.  Adding that should fix it