HBase >> mail # user >> Does HBase combine multiple Puts against the same region server?

Re: Does HBase combine multiple Puts against the same region server?
The code does the the following:

1) Add put to buffer
2) If buffer is > size (2MB) - then flush the puts
3) Finally, for the left over puts in the buffer - if auto flush if on
(which is the default), flush the puts

When you flush your puts, the puts are grouped by regionserver and a single
call is made to each region server - so this could be 1 call or n calls if
you have n region servers. If you want to flush a large payload - you can
consider increasing the buffer size.