Hive >> mail # user >> Reg: <Real Time Hive query>

+
Kshiva Kps 2012-12-25, 07:30
+
Kshiva Kps 2012-12-25, 07:31
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-25, 08:39
+
Kshiva Kps 2012-12-25, 09:54
Re: Reg: <Real Time Hive query>
Hive is not like mysql where u just query and get the results. It will take
time based on data size and query. You may look at oozie if you want to
build an application or look at penatho with hive integration

Hive cli is not only for testing. You can build application using hive cli
and scripting languages

You can use hive thrift server and use it like jdbc but keep in mind this
is never realtime
On Dec 25, 2012 3:24 PM, "Kshiva Kps" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Many Thanks, for your replay.
>
> But in real time if you want to develop application (jobs) in this case
> CLI won't help us, CLI is for testing pls current if i'm worng, thanks.
>
> Many Thanks
> Kshiva@ +91 9940163885
>
> On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> hive comes with a thrift server so you can connect via jdbc.
>>
>> you just want to execute queries, why dont u use hive cli  ?
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Kshiva Kps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thnaks... sorry to ask you if possible could you  pls advice on below
>>> points

>> --
>> Nitin Pawar

+