HBase >> mail # user >> Table in Inconsistent State; Perpetually pending region server transitions while loading lot of data into Hbase via MR

+
Ameya Kantikar 2012-11-01, 07:02
+
Ameya Kantikar 2012-11-01, 07:29
+
Cheng Su 2012-11-01, 08:19
+
Ameya Kantikar 2012-11-01, 08:43
+
Cheng Su 2012-11-01, 09:16
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-01, 10:20
+
Kevin Odell 2012-11-01, 13:35
Re: Table in Inconsistent State; Perpetually pending region server transitions while loading lot of data into Hbase via MR
Thanks Kevin & Ram. Please find my answers below:

Did you presplit your table? - NO

You are on .92, might as well take advantage of HFilev2 and use 10GB region
sizes -

 - I have put my region size now at 10GB and running another load in a
separate table, but my existing table is still in bad shape.

-Yes

Did you tune your memstore and Hlog
size?
-Not yet. I am running with whatever are the defaults.

You aren't using a different client version or something strange like that
are you? - Nope. Its the same jar everywhere.

You can't close hlog messages seem to indicate an inability to talk to
HDFS.  Did you have connection issues there?
- I did find log on 1 data node with some HDFS issue. But that was only 1
data node. All other data node looked good.
Note, I also ran another big distcp job on the same cluster and did not
find any issues.

I also restarted the cluster (all nodes, including hadoop), hbase hbck is
not showing inconsistencies, but my table is still neither enabled nor
disabled.
I ran MR job to load data, but it continued to throw same earlier errors.

Now I am running separate job loading data into brand new table, with max
region size at 10 GB. I'll get back to you with results on that one. But
existing table is still not reachable.

Thanks for your help.

Ameya

+