HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: How to run HBase tests against 0.94? (seems to be for and old version of HBase)

+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-01-02, 17:19
Re: How to run HBase tests against 0.94? (seems to be for and old version of HBase)
I agree, but Lars spent a lot of time to make sure the tests are
working fine, and I don't want him to yell at me if something is
broken ;)

dev-support/hbasetests.sh is running and seems to be working so far. I
can see all the tests passing fine.

If they all pass, I will submit the patch and re-run all the tests
with the mvn command line to see if it's faster.

Also, I ran mvn clean test -PrunAllTests
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
-Dtest=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.cleaner.TestCleanerChore and it
passed too. So I will submit the patch now.

Thanks all,

JM

2013/1/2, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> From what I see in 0.94 and in the jira, it should work, there is nothing
> fancy there.
>
> moving to dev list btw, user in bcc.
>

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> If it works, it's ok: it's not going to give you wrong results. Just that
>> it adds nothing to a plain mvn test.
>> So if it worked for you on this patch, then you're done :-).
>>
>> This should be enough most most cases:
>> mvn test
>>
>> If you want to play it safe, you will run all the tests before sending
>> the
>> patch.
>> That's mvn test -P runAllTests
>>
>> And this should work. If you have a strange error, you can clean the env
>> with a mvn clean install -DskipTests.
>>
>> 'P runAllTests' adds some extra tests and increases the parallelization,
>> but does not change the environment.
>>

>> I'm gonna have a look at the JIRA you're working on to see if there
>> something that could explain the issue you're having.
>>

>>  On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> for my code validation? What's the right way to run the tests on 0.94?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-03, 16:53