Pig >> mail # user >> question about jython-2.5.0 in pig-0.9.1

question about jython-2.5.0 in pig-0.9.1
Hello,
jython-2.5.0 is included in pig-0.9.1 directory. This file did not appear in pig-0.8.1. My question is:
what jython-2.5.0 is used for in pig-0.9.1?
Is jython-2.5.0 jar file necessary for pig-0.9.1? Can we remove it from pig-0.9.1 package?
Thank you.