Accumulo, mail # user - Authentication - Kerberose

Re: Authentication - Kerberose
Keith Turner 2012-11-01, 18:56
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Michael Peterson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
> Can you please provide a schedule of if/when Accumulo will use Kerberose for
> authentication? I’m working with multiple customers that are collecting data
> to make decisions to use Accumulo or other technologies. The absence of
> strong authentication with Accumulo is a major concern (and less
> subjective).
>

> Also, is there a POC for new features that will be available in 1.5?

You can see what has been done so far towards 1.5 w/ a search of jira.
  The following link shows tickets that are complete and marked as for
1.5.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+ACCUMULO+AND+fixVersion+%3D+12318645+AND+status+in+%28Resolved%2C+Closed%29

You can start there and refine this list in many ways.  For example
you could look at tickets that are open and marked for 1.5.  However
this no garuntee that ticket that is not complete will actually end up
in 1.5.  Could also filter the ticket to look at just new features,
instead of bugs and features.  The following link shows new features
for 1.5 that complete.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+ACCUMULO+AND+issuetype+%3D+%22New+Feature%22+AND+fixVersion+%3D+12318645+AND+status+%3D+Resolved

According to this there 11 new features that are complete for 1.5.