HBase >> mail # user >> HBase is not running.

Re: HBase is not running.
This is a machine identity problem. HBase simply uses the normal Java
APIs and asks "who am I?". The answer it gets is
ip72-215-225-9.at.at.cox.net. Changing this should only be a matter of
DNS configs, starting with /etc/hosts. What is your machine's hostname
exactly (run "hostname")? When you ping it, what does it return? That
should get you started. Does you machine even have a local IP when you
run ifconfig? If not, all you can do is force everything to localhost
in your network configs. It also means you cannot use HBase in a
distributed fashion.

Changing the code seems like a waste of time, HBase is inherently
distributed and it relies on machines having their network correctly
configured. Your time might be better spent using a VM on your own
machine.

J-D