Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals

Re: Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals
I found HDFS-1041 missing from branch-1.
Since it was committed to  0.20.2 and yahoo-merge before the creation of 0.20-security, I think it got dropped by accident.

Kihwal
On 4/24/12 2:27 PM, "Eli Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> a couple major bugs have shown up in Hadoop-1.0.2.  I propose to make a
> 1.0.3 release containing fixes for:
>  - MAPREDUCE-4154
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4154> streaming
> MR job succeeds even if the streaming command fails
>  - HDFS-119 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-119> logSync() may
> block NameNode forever.
> We will also accept the following bug fixes already committed to branch-1.0
> (see
> CHANGES.txt): HADOOP-6924, HADOOP-6941, HADOOP-8188, HDFS-3127,
> MAPREDUCE-3377, HADOOP-5528, HADOOP-6963, HADOOP-8251, HADOOP-8293.
>
> If there are other critical bugs you would like to see in 1.0.3, please let
> me know by end of day Monday, 4/23.  I'll start the process of making a
> 1.0.3 RC-1 on Tuesday.
>
> Also, it seems that it is time to do a 1.1 release.  Some 80 bug fixes and
> enhancements have accumulated in branch-1.  Hopefully they've all been
> properly reviewed and unit tested!  Let's declare a code freeze for 1.1 at
> the end of this month.  At that time I will make a branch-1.1 and a release
> candidate for 1.1.0.
>
> Thank you,
> --Matt

I think HDFS-3310 is worth getting into 1.1, and potentially 1.0.3 (or
.4 if it's not done in time).