Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-07, 03:59
+
Robert Evans 2013-02-07, 15:33
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-02-07, 18:21
+
Andrew Wang 2013-02-07, 18:24
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-02-07, 19:54
+
Jitendra Pandey 2013-02-07, 21:07
+
Thomas Graves 2013-02-07, 21:37
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha
+1 non-binding

I downloaded hadoop-2.0.3-alpha.tar.gz and verified the checksum and
signature.  I deployed to a set of Ubuntu VMs: NN, RM, 2*DN/NM, and 2NN.  I
tested a few HDFS operations and MapReduce jobs.  I verified that the 2NN
could complete a checkpoint.

Thank you,
--Chris
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Thomas Graves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 (binding). I downloaded it, verified checksums, built from source,
> installed (both binary and one I built) and ran some basic jobs.
>
> Tom
>

> On 2/6/13 9:59 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Folks,
> >
> >I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.3-alpha that I
> >would like to release.
> >
> >This release contains several major enhancements such as QJM for HDFS HA,
> >multi-resource scheduling for YARN, YARN ResourceManager restart etc.
> >Also YARN has achieved significant stability at scale (more details from
> >Y! folks here: http://s.apache.org/VYO).
> >
> >The RC is available at:
> >http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
> >The RC tag in svn is here:
> >http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
> >
> >The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> >Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >
> >thanks,
> >Arun
> >

> >--
> >Arun C. Murthy