Pig >> mail # user >> Notes of interest from Apache Pig Hackday, Austin edition

Re: Notes of interest from Apache Pig Hackday, Austin edition

On May 12, 2012, at 3:42 PM, Jonathan Coveney wrote:

> Wow, that writeup was awesome! And your hackday was really well attended!
> Was it all dachis group people, or did it include people from other Austin
> tech companies?

Thanks for all the help Jonathan.  We had about 10 of the thirty people from the Dachis Group.  Other companies represented were vast.com and truecar.com which each had several employees there, Bioware, Dell, HP, Freescale Semiconductor, Spredfast.com, PayPal, and the University of Texas.

> I think in the future it'd be nice to figure out how to sync with the
> remote hackers... I think given that the Austin hack day was more about
> usage that the format was ok for this one, but as you guys get ramped up,
> it'd be great to collaborate more directly! And my offer to be flown out to
> Austin for a hack day still stands ;)

Yep - would be great to do this kind of thing again.