HBase >> mail # user >> Can we insert into Hbase without specifying the column name?

Re: Can we insert into Hbase without specifying the column name?
Hi Rams,

yes. You can. See follows:

hbase(main):001:0> create 'test1','course'
0 row(s) in 1.6760 seconds

hbase(main):002:0> put 'test1','tom','course',90
0 row(s) in 0.1040 seconds

hbase(main):003:0> scan 'test1'
ROW                   COLUMN+CELL
 tom                  column=course:, timestamp=1353925674312, value=90
1 row(s) in 0.0440 seconds

regards!

Yong