Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Which branch for my patch?

Re: Which branch for my patch?
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 18:54, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7076

> backporting
> in

Turns out my changes are not trivial to backport to branch-1 because the
SplittableCompressionCodec interface isn't there yet.
So I'm limiting to trunk (0.23.1) and branch-0.22 (0.22.0).

>Unfortunately jenkins doesn't currently run tests against non-trunk
>trees.  For these branches you need to run test-patch (covered in the
>above page) and the tests yourself.

Unfortunately the test-patch script mentioned on the site
("dev-support/test-patch.sh /path/to/my.patch") doesn't exist in the
branch-0.22. And I couldn't get the test-patch.sh that does exist to work.

So I did against a clean checkout:
  patch -p0 < HADOOP-7076-branch-0.22.patch
followed by
  ant clean test jar

Which succeeded.

Niels Basjes