HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: <ask> How to Overwrite file on HDFS

Re: <ask> How to Overwrite file on HDFS
Yes, in Apache Hadoop 2.x versions, you may do "hadoop fs -put -f
<source> <dest>" to perform direct overwrites. The -f option is not
available under your Apache Hadoop 1.x version presently, and you'll
need to -rm the file.

--
Harsh J