Hadoop, mail # general - Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-16, 06:41
+
lohit 2012-11-16, 20:58
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 21:14
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 23:34
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-11-16, 23:38
+
Stack 2012-11-17, 05:34
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:22
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-11-19, 18:09
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-19, 19:08
+
Tom White 2012-11-20, 12:41
+
lohit 2012-12-03, 18:02
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-04, 14:09
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-06, 02:59
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 02:03
+
Arun Murthy 2012-12-05, 02:56
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 21:26
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-11-19, 19:39
+
Bikas Saha 2012-11-20, 05:18
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-19, 20:41
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-18, 19:45
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 04:15
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 04:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 05:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 05:07
+
Heather Bales 2012-12-19, 16:15
+
Prabakaran Krishnan 2012-12-19, 11:26
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-19, 14:10
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 14:52
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-01-16, 18:30
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 18:38
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-25, 00:35
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-28, 23:11
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-29, 16:51
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-29, 17:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 17:51
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-31, 05:01
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-31, 05:15
Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-11-17, 00:05
I would recommend https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-2454 for
inclusion.

- milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Chief Scientist,
Machine Learning Platforms,
Greenplum, A Division of EMC
+1-650-523-3858 (W)
+1-408-666-8483 (C)

On 11/16/12 3:38 PM, "Aaron T. Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi Arun,
>
>Given that the 2.0.3 release is intended to reflect the growing stability
>of YARN, and the QJM work will be included in 2.0.3 which provides a
>complete HDFS HA solution, I think it's time we consider removing the
>"-alpha" label from the release version. My preference would be to remove
>the label entirely, but we could also perhaps call it "-beta" or
>something.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>--
>Aaron T. Myers
>Software Engineer, Cloudera
>

>On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
>> On the heels of the planned 0.23.5 release (thanks Bobby & Thomas) I
>>want
>> to rollout a hadoop-2.0.3 release to reflect the growing stability of
>>YARN.
>>
>> I'm hoping we can also release the QJM along-with; hence I'd love to
>>know
>> an ETA - Todd? Sanjay? Suresh?
>>
>> One other thing which would be nice henceforth is to better reflect
>> release content for end-users in release-notes etc.; thus, can I ask
>> committers to start paying closer attention to bug classification such
>>as
>> Blocker/Critical/Major/Minor etc.? This way, as we get closer to stable
>> hadoop-2 releases, we can do a better job communicating content and it's
>> criticality.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Arun

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-17, 04:27
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:27
+
Mariappan Asokan 2012-11-19, 17:18
+
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda 2012-11-19, 17:45