Hive >> mail # user >> What's wrong with this query?

What's wrong with this query?
Here timestamps is a string and I always get NULL in the second column when
I try to get date out of the timestamp. Anything wrong I am doing?
*
*
*
*
select A.timestamps, to_date(A.timestamps) from
(select user_id, prod_and_ts.product_id as product_id,
prod_and_ts.timestamps as timestamps from testingtable2 lateral view
explode(purchased_item) exploded_table as prod_and_ts) A;
This is the Output I am getting always.

*1004941621      NULL*
*1005268799      NULL*
*1061569397      NULL*