HBase >> mail # user >> Never ending major compaction?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-01, 19:42
Re: Never ending major compaction?
You're on hbase 0.94.3 , right ?

When was the last time major compaction ran ?

Compaction is region server activity so you should be able to find some clue in region server log.

Cheers

On Jan 1, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a table, with about 200 000 raws, keys is string[64] (ish) and
> value is string[512].
>
> It's splitted over 16 regions located on 7 regionservers.
>
> So it's not a big table, and there is a lot of horsepower behind it.
>
> I asked a major_compaction few hours ago. Let's say, about 5 hours
> ago. and it's still compacting! But all servers activities seems to be
> null. CPU usage is almost 0.
>
> There is nothing on the master logs.
>
> How can I see what's going on? Is there a way to see the compaction queue?
>
> JM
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-02, 02:14
+