Bigtop >> mail # user >> "bigpetstore" another idea that i forgot to mention which might fit into bigtop.

+
Jay Vyas 2013-09-19, 21:19
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-19, 21:28
Re: "bigpetstore" another idea that i forgot to mention which might fit into bigtop.
Okay that makes sense.  Now time for my all-to-often asked bigtop question:

Where would this project go?

My proposal:

My initial thoughts are a

1) location: Simply a new submodule, under top level bigtop, called
blueprints/ with a single java application under bigpetstore/ as the
submodule.

2) extensibility: Then others could add their own submodules easily by just
creating a new folder.

3) deliverable: The artifact created by this submodule would simply be a
jar file, with a shell script for executing the whole pipeline.

4) bootstrap / input data: We could put CSV delimited input data somewhere
on a public s3 instance , and have small input csv text files as a failsafe
inside the repo so people can always run it from just the git repo alone.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com