HBase >> mail # user >> coprocessor status query

+
Wei Tan 2013-10-21, 21:41
+
Michael Segel 2013-10-22, 00:59
+
Gary Helmling 2013-10-22, 02:06
+
Wei Tan 2013-10-22, 03:32
Re: coprocessor status query
Unfortunately, the per-region coprocessor list was dropped from HServerLoad
in HBASE-5258.  This doesn't leave any easy way for a client to list the
loaded coprocessors on a per-region basis, that I'm aware of.

If you feel like this would be useful to provide, please open a JIRA
describing what you'd like to see.  Bonus points for contributing a patch!
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Wei Tan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Gary, thanks!
> It seems that the region observer been removed behavior, is per region and
> NOT per coprocessor. So do I have to query each region to get the per
> region health status? Or, is there a table level API telling me something
> like, I have 10 regions and an observer has been removed in 2 out of the 10
> regions?
>
> Best,
> Wei
>
> From my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 21, 2013, at 10:06 PM, "Gary Helmling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > You can't remove a coprocessor.
> > >
> > > Well, you can, but that would require a rolling restart.
> > >
> > > It still exists and is still loaded.
> > >

> > Assuming we are talking about RegionObserver coprocessors here, when a
> > coprocessor throws an exception (other than IOException), it is either:
> >
> > a) removed from the list of active RegionObservers being invoked on the
> > region's operations
> > b) or if "hbase.coprocessor.abortonerror" is "true", the regionserver
> aborts
> >
> > The coprocessor class is of course still in memory on the regionserver,
> but
> > that instance will no longer be invoked in any pre/post hooks for
> > operations on that region.
> >
> > Back to the original question, the coprocessor is only removed from the
> > list of active coprocessors for the region(s) where it has thrown an
> > exception.  It will still be active on any regions where it has not
> thrown
> > an exception.

+
Michael Segel 2013-10-22, 23:06