Hive >> mail # user >> Important Question

Re: Important Question
Dalia
 your requirements appear to be transaction oriented and thus OLTP systems
- i.e. regular relational databases - are more likely to be suitable than a
hive (/hadoop) based solution.  Hive is more for business intelligence and
certainly includes latencies - which by saying 'realtime'  - would likely
not be acceptable for your application.

stephenb