Hive >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive

+
Alan Gates 2012-11-02, 20:52
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-05, 04:35
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-06, 17:55
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-07, 04:06
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-12, 17:02
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-15, 06:22
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-03, 23:22
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-12-13, 19:59
+
Travis Crawford 2012-12-14, 01:31
+
Namit Jain 2012-12-14, 03:59
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-14, 18:05
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-18, 21:13
+
Travis Crawford 2012-12-19, 01:36
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-19, 19:33
+
Namit Jain 2012-12-20, 04:23
+
Ashish Thusoo 2012-12-20, 13:58
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-20, 22:02
+
Ashish Thusoo 2012-12-20, 23:56
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-12-27, 05:22
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-12-27, 05:18
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-12-20, 21:10
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-20, 21:59
+
Ashish Thusoo 2012-12-20, 23:53
+
Alan Gates 2013-01-08, 21:49
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-12-27, 05:15
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-21, 01:51
+
Alexander Lorenz 2012-11-05, 07:06
+
Clark Yang 2012-11-05, 11:41
Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
That is a good idea. I would really like to see hcatalog be a sub
project and then have hive use remove it's metastore code in favour of
hcatalog. How should we coordinate this?

Edward

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Clark Yang (杨卓荦)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1 for that. I like it.
>
> 2012/11/5 Alexander Lorenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Like it too.
>> +1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>  Alex
>>
>> On Nov 5, 2012, at 5:35 AM, Namit Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I like the idea of Hcatalog becoming a Hive sub-project. The
>>> enhancements/bugs in the serde/metastore areas can indirectly
>>> benefit the hive community, and it will be easier for the fix to be in one
>>> place. Having said that, I don't see serde/metastore
>>> moving out of hive into a separate component. Things are tied too closely
>>> together. I am assuming that no new committers would
>>> be automatically added to Hive as part of this, and both Hive and HCatalog
>>> will continue to have its own committers.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -namit

>> --
>> Alexander Alten-Lorenz