Pig >> mail # dev >> Scalar problem

Hi,

I have noticed early users of pig often hit issues because of confusing
syntax between scalars and projections. I think scalar syntax should be
made more explicit for users to use in order to avoid these problems. For
example- D = foreach C generate B->count; etc.
I am sure we might break some backward compatibility but we can at least
deprecate the syntax for a few versions and eventually move to new syntax.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Aniket
+