Hadoop >> mail # dev >> state of HOD

Hi Chris,

HOD is end-of-life starting with Hadoop 0.20. It was active while Python
2.5 was in use. I don't know of anyone who used with more recent versions
of python. Also it isn't tested with later versions of Hadoop.

Starting 2.0, Hadoop itself has resource management built in as part of the
sub-project YARN. You can consider that in place of your current setup of
traditional RM+HOD.

HTH,
+Vinod

--