Hive >> mail # dev >> Hadoop profile will be required

Hadoop profile will be required
In maven, we use "profiles" to allow developers to use either the
hadoop-1 or hadoop-2 dependencies when building. When implementing
mavenization I used a feature called "active by default" so that
hadoop-1 would be active in the case no profiles were activated.

Long story short, it looks like the "active by default" feature is
broken or doesn't work the way I expected. When we commit HIVE-5755
("Fix hadoop2 execution environment Milestone 1") a hadoop profile
will be required for all commands.

You will have to add either:

-Phadoop-1

or

-Phadoop-2

to all maven commands. When commit the change I will update this email
in addition to the wiki.

Thank you,
Brock