HBase >> mail # user >> 0.94.2 failing regionservers

+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-03-04, 17:00
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-03-04, 17:41
+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-03-04, 17:53
Re: 0.94.2 failing regionservers
I logged HBASE-7991 for backport.

Cheers

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> This looks a lot like:

> FWIW running with V1 files is ok (unless you hit this bug obviously).
>
> J-D
>
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Bryan Beaudreault
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > We recently upgraded multiple clusters to CDH 4.2, which comes with hbase
> > 0.94.2  Since then We've seen region servers die periodically in a way I
> > never saw before on CDH3.
> >
> > Here are the exceptions:
> >
> > First I see a slew of these: http://pastebin.com/WqSwMzuZ
> >
> > Then the regionserver starts closing all its regions, after throwing this
> > exception: http://pastebin.com/396wX3iw
> >
> > This has now happened on multiple servers across multiple clusters, all
> cdh
> > 4.2.
> >
> > Any thoughts?  During the time our NameNodes seem to be doing fine and I
> > don't see any issue on our datanodes either.

+
Ted Yu 2013-03-04, 17:04
+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-03-04, 17:20