MapReduce >> mail # user >> SequenceFile syncFs behavior?

Re: SequenceFile syncFs behavior?
Hi Thanh Do,

SequenceFile.Writer.syncFs() in 2.x and 2.x-based releases, is
deprecated in favor of hsync() and hflush() new methods but internally
calls hflush itself, so its behavior is the same with regards to
durability as it was before (new metadata entries are created and the
buffer is flushed).

HBase has mechanisms to detect the right method to call (via
reflection) - see the SequenceFileLogWriter#getHFlush(…) method for
example.

--
Harsh J