HBase >> mail # user >> Row Filters using BitComparator

+
abhinavpundir 2013-09-15, 07:04
+
anil gupta 2013-09-16, 01:30
+
abhinavpundir 2013-09-22, 20:05
Re: Row Filters using BitComparator
Inline
On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM, abhinavpundir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Thnx a lot anil
>
> By any chance do you know how to use bitcomparators in hbase ?

I havent used it till now. Have a look at this JUnit of BitComparator for
learning how to use it:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/tags/0.94.9/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/TestBitComparator.java?revision=1500225&view=markup

> On Monday, September 16, 2013, anil gupta [via Apache HBase] wrote:
>
> > Inline.
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM, abhinavpundir <[hidden email]<
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4050761&i=0>>wrote:
> >

> > > I have rows in my Hbase whose keys are made up of 5 components. I would
> > > like
> > > to search my hbase using rowFilters by using only some(May be only the
> > > first
> > > 2 components ) of the components. I don't want to use
> > > RegexStringComparator.
> > >
> > > If you are using the first two components(i.e. prefix of the rowkey)
> > then
> > you can use PrefixFilter(
> >

> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/PrefixFilter.html
> ).
> >
> > Also, dont forget to set startRow and StopRow.
> >
> > > I would like to use BitComparator because it is fast.
> > >
> > > how would I do that?
> > >

> > > --
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Anil Gupta

> > .
> > NAML<
> http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta
+
abhinavpundir 2013-10-01, 06:50