HBase >> mail # user >> Performance degrades on moving from desktop to blade environment

Re: Performance degrades on moving from desktop to blade environment
We had issues of moving into 32 core AMD box also.  The issue was
revolving around datanode getting slow after about 12 hours.  What you
need to do is check fsreadlatency_ave_time graph, if it appears spiky
then you have a problem with IO, next get a graph of "Runnable
Threads"  they should be flatlining, if they are spiking you might
have IO/Memory contention.  Run RAM tests head to head, we found our
32 Core ECC RAM would always underperform while using sysbench, by a
large margin.

-Jack