Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zoo Keeper - The Beginning

+
judesolomonc 2013-08-29, 06:46
Re: Zoo Keeper - The Beginning
Jude,

    May be you are misunderstanding the way Zookeeper works. It is
basically a remote file system with a lot of guaranties regarding
distributed operations in the files and folders, aka znodes. So, like you
would normally do in a file system, you just turn it on and use. There is
an executable you may start "/bin/zkServer.sh start-foreground".

   From the client side you may create and observe znodes. I have a simple
demo project that I use here in Brazil, for training and conferences, it's
variables and classes are in Portuguese but you may take o look. Also there
is some code sample in the code tree, in src/recipes/.

Att,
Diego
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:46 AM, judesolomonc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to use zookeeper, theoretically i can understand the
> functionality of this frame work. But when it comes to the implementation
> part, I am not aware of where to start and how to start. Please confirm on
> my understandings or correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Client port - It is the port where the client sends request to the
> zookeeper
> server
> server.1=10.44.71.52:4567:4587 - the server in the zookeeper cluster 4567
> -
> port where the zookeeper communicates when the request is sent, 4587 - the
> port where the clustered servers communicates.
>
> This configured server should be an instance of a zookeeper (Built on
> zookeeper) ? or it can be any server using NIO listening on the mentioned
> port ?
>
> I have started up a zoo keeper server in two ways
>
> 1.
>
> NIOServerCnxn.Factory standaloneServerFactory = new
> NIOServerCnxn.Factory(new InetSocketAddress(clientPort), numConnections);
>
>                 standaloneServerFactory.startup(server);
>
> 2. using QuorumPeer class
>
> is this the correct way to start a server ? And how to receive a request
> sent from the client ? As the connection is created inside the zookeeper,
> how to read/see the data sent form the client in the server ?
>
> Can someone help me with a Java code to create a zookeeper service, and
> servers and to receive the request from the client and print it in the
> server ?
>
> And also for the distributed servers to handle the failover conditions ?
>
> Thanks
> Jude Solomon

Att.
Diego de Oliveira
System Architect
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.diegooliveira.com
Never argue with a fool -- people might not be able to tell the difference
+
judesolomonc 2013-09-02, 09:30
+
Diego Oliveira 2013-09-02, 16:35