HBase >> mail # dev >> thrift vs thrift2

+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 23:24
+
Stack 2012-12-07, 00:48
+
Jesse Yates 2012-12-07, 00:50
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-07, 03:21
Re: thrift vs thrift2
The embeded HRegionThriftServer should be ported to thrift2 before we
deprecate thrift1. FB's (and potentially others) c++ client requires
HRegionThriftServer.

__Luke
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 for deprecation. Will bring any users out of the woodwork who might not
> see this discussion at least.
>
> On Friday, December 7, 2012, Jesse Yates wrote:
>
> > According to the thrift2 docs, it is the 'right' way to access HBase -
> the
> > thrift package is based on an older HBase interface that no longer
> exists.
> > Seems like a reasonable case for deprecation in the next release and
> > dropping it all together after.
> > -------------------
> > Jesse Yates
> > @jesse_yates
> > jyates.github.com
> >

> > On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <javascript:;>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <javascript:;>>

> finally?

> > > Interesting notion.  Could move thrift2 to thrift altogether.  Would
> need
> > > to make sure thrift2 has all from thrift1.
> > > St.Ack
> > >

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy