MapReduce >> mail # user >> Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?

+
WangRamon 2012-09-06, 08:32
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-09-06, 09:13
+
WangRamon 2012-09-06, 09:26
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-09-06, 09:53
+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2012-09-06, 11:49
Re: Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?
Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for the heads-up ....

Looking at the JIRA, the gist is that with Hadoop 1.x, a badly configured
job (like with short retry interval and/or large number of retries) that
continuously fail (like a problematic web server or app) could potentially
block notifications of other jobs. Hence, is risky to use in general.

Hope Ramon will take this into account as well, if deciding to go down this
path.

Thanks
Hemanth

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Rajiv Chittajallu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Notifications are sequential and doesn't have timeouts -  MAPREDUCE-1688
> Not sure why its closed as dupe of an yarn feature.
>

> (hey hemanth, welcome back..)

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-09-06, 19:15
+
Julien Muller 2012-09-06, 08:53
+
WangRamon 2012-09-06, 09:25