Pig >> mail # user >> Passing Java options to pig scripts

+
Wojciech Langiewicz 2010-10-22, 16:17
+
Marcos Medrado Rubinelli 2010-10-22, 20:19
+
Wojciech Langiewicz 2010-10-24, 20:45
+
Rekha Joshi 2010-10-25, 05:55
Re: Passing Java options to pig scripts
If you want to externally specify properties for *a* pig script you
can put the key value pairs in a conf file and pass its location using
--config  to pig and those properties will be included.

If you want to externally specify properties for *all* pig script that
you run, then modify conf/pig.properties by putting in your key value
pairs in it.

If you want to specify properties from *within* a pig script then you
can use set command in the pig script. This feature will be there in
upcoming 0.8 release.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 13:45, Wojciech Langiewicz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> But will this work with different settings for every job?
> Because this is what I essentially need.
>
> Marcos Medrado Rubinelli wrote:
>>
>> Wojcieh,
>>
>> One alternative is setting this and other parameters in a
>> mapred-site.xml file in your classpath.
>>
>> Chhers,
>> Marcos
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I want to set more heap space to my scripts, but I can't make Pig
>>> support this, when I call: "pig -Dmapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx2048"
>>> It fails (just prints help), and option --help doesn't show any
>>> information about -D parameter.
>>>
>>> How can I do this?
>>> I'm using version 0.7.0+9.
>>> --