HBase >> mail # user >> HBase 0.92.1 questions...

Re: HBase 0.92.1 questions...
Inline.

J-D

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Kevin Lyda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In reading the docs I learned that hdck in 0.92.2 has some additional
> -fix* options, and -fixAssignments and -fixMeta seem like they might
> fix this. I also got the impression that one could run the 0.92.2
> version of hdck on a 0.92.1 HBase - possibly needing to restart the
> master server after it completes (or does the master server need to be
> stopped, hdck run and then the master server brought up after
> completion?).

All you really need is a 0.92.2 client that runs 0.92.2, no need to
restart anything.

> It also appears that a rolling upgrade to 0.92.2 is possible - but it
> says the hdck should be clean.

Yes... if you do have multiple assignments it could make the rolling
restart harder.

> Lastly I note that there are two release tarballs for each version:
> hbase-VERSION.tar.gz and hbase-VERSION-security.tar.gz. However I
> can't seem to find any references to what this means. Is the -security
> tarball just a version with security patches added, or does it mean
> something else?

It's a different build profile that includes code with dependencies on
the security-related classes in Hadoop, which are not present in
versions like 0.20, 0.20-append, 0.21, 0.22, etc

0.96.0 will be the first HBase release that requires at least Hadoop
1.0, which means that we won't need two tarballs.

J-D