Hive >> mail # user >> How to change the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir ?

+
jinhang du 2011-05-18, 04:53
+
Viral Bajaria 2011-05-18, 05:22
+
Ankit Jain 2011-05-18, 05:25
+
Ankit Jain 2011-05-18, 05:29
Re: How to change the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir ?
2011/5/18 jinhang du <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> hi,
> The default value is "/user/hive/warehouse" in hive.site.xml. After I
> changed the directory to a path on HDFS, I got the exception.
>
> FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Got exception:
> org.apache.hadoop.security.
> AccessControlException org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
> Permission denied:
> user=root, access=WRITE, inode="output

make sure you can READ/WRITE to the new path.to get permissions,see
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.0/hdfs_shell.html#chmod

> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
>
> Is this failure related to the hadoop-site.xml or something?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> dujinhang

+