MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop datanode becomes down

Hadoop datanode becomes down
Hi,
I have a n number of file each of around 25GB. I have a cluster set up with 6 machines in data node and one master node. When i move this file from my local to HDFS location sometimes data node becomes down. Any specific reason for this behavior? Or do i need to follow any other way to move this file from local to HDFS?
Please help me to resolve this.
Thanks,
Manickam P