Avro >> mail # dev >> AVRO Hudson Tasks

Re: AVRO Hudson Tasks
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Bruce Mitchener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> How would these differ from the various buildbots that we already have
> running?
>

> http://ci.apache.org/waterfall?show=avro-trunk-rat-report&show=avro-py-ubuntu-9.10&show=avro-c-ubuntu-9.10&show=avro-c-solaris-x86&show=avro-c-fbsd
>
> No one seemed to be interested previously in helping out with the Java or
> other builders, or we'd have them as well.

I wasn't aware that we had buildbots already (in part, because I was AWOL on
the lists for a while).  I haven't seen a broken build e-mail out of them
for a while, so I assumed that they didn't exist :)  For Java stuff, Hudson
is nice because it does a good job of displaying which tests failed and
succeeded (i.e., it has integration with JUnit).  It's also what Hadoop
does, and what my company does in-house, so there's added familiarity for
some folks.

Regardless, there's no harm in one or the other.

-- Philip