MapReduce >> mail # user >> is jdk required to run hadoop or jre alone is sufficient

Re: is jdk required to run hadoop or jre alone is sufficient
You will need a JDK. Certain tools like Sqoop, etc. have a dependency
on JDK for compiling generated code at runtime, and will not function
without a JDK.

--
Harsh J