Accumulo, mail # user - Re: Meaning of < in METADATA table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL] - 2014-06-25, 02:21

Re: Meaning of < in METADATA table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
< is a byte used for doing an ordering on rows that share the same prefix.

There was a presentation floating around on the specifics of the metadata
table at one point. I believe that helps tablet information sort before the
last tablet, which is suffixed with '~', to force it to sort after the
other tablets. We'll probably get an Eric or Keith email soon laying down
the law, but that's what I remember.
On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Dickson, Matt MR <