Accumulo, mail # user - Re: scanner question in regards to columns loaded - 2014-01-27, 02:58

Jamie Johnson 2014-01-25, 03:23
+
Christopher 2014-01-25, 04:34
+
Sean Busbey 2014-01-25, 05:11
+
Jamie Johnson 2014-01-25, 05:20
+
Christopher 2014-01-26, 06:33
+
Jamie Johnson 2014-01-26, 12:56
+
Christopher 2014-01-26, 22:44
+
Jamie Johnson 2014-01-27, 00:28
+
Jamie Johnson 2014-01-27, 00:39
Re: scanner question in regards to columns loaded
Filters (and more generally, iterators) are executed on the server. There
is an option to run them client side. See
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.4/apidocs/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/ClientSideIteratorScanner.html

Using fetchColumnFamily will return only keys that have specific column
family values, not rows.

If I have a few keys in a table:

row1 family1: qualifier1
row1 family2: qualifier2
row2 family1: qualifier1

Let's say I call `scanner.fetchColumnFamily("family1")`. My scanner will
return:

row1 family1: qualifier1
row2 family1: qualifier1

Now let's say I want to do a scan, but call
`scanner.fetchColumnFamily("family2")`. My scanner will return:

row1 family2: qualifier2

If you want whole rows that contain specific column families, then I
believe you'd have to write a custom iterator using the RowFilter
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.4/apidocs/org/apache/accumulo/core/iterators/user/RowFilter.html