Accumulo, mail # user - Persistent WAL files on 1.5

Re: Persistent WAL files on 1.5
Chris Bennight 2014-03-30, 17:08
Nope, no entries in memory (well, a few hundred on the trace + metadata) -
in trying for easy solutions I already cycled through the existing tables
and ran flush/compact cycles.

But thank for the GC pointer (and apologies, in retrospect it should have
been obvious)

It looks like I needed to bump up the memory for the GC process (was at
256, increased it to 512) - I had the GC log tailing with a filter for
ERROR or WARN, and didn't see anything, so assumed things were fine.
 (Instead it was just because the process got killed due to heapspace).
 There were about just over 1M candidates for deletion - about 10 minutes,
but it's back to normal now.

Thanks!