Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Backwards compatibility of traces

Backwards compatibility of traces
Given our support of backwards compatibility, does anyone have a preference
for how traces are stored?

I ask because I have noticed some places where our internal trace hooks are
named with collisions so that you get multiple events with the same
identifier which are actually different events. I would like to change
them, ideally for 1.5.2 and 1.6.1(0?) simply because it's hampering the
ability to do performance testing and tuning.

But I'm not sure if A. we're okay making these changes from a compatibility
perspective and B. we're okay making these changes as part of a minor
release.