Accumulo >> mail # user >> Z-Curve/Hilbert Curve

Re: Z-Curve/Hilbert Curve
On Calrissian, we had once considered making a lexicoder for lat/long that
really transformed the two-dimensions (lat/lon) down into a geohash based
on the z-curve.

The reason we decided against a first class data-type for this is exactly
the same reason that Anthony brings up in his previous comment- the geohash
only makes sense as a query tool when you have a good way to structure (at
least as many as possible) the non-sequential ranges you would need in
order to find all the overlapping regions (with minimal as possible amount
of false-positives).